Skip to main content

Orange Ginger honey Cakes ( mini cakes de miel, jengibre y naranja)







Here is a new recipe for this Christmas time.

 I love Christmas  and usually the smell of spices reminds me of everything my mother did, this is my second Christmas without her and it's really difficult, when I'm sad I miss talk to her.
 And I know  it makes me especially sensitive and I try to continue and dont think so much..

I love these honey, ginger and orange cakes and love  the color, that's why I like to cook and especially bake, apart from being a relax there are always new things to experience.

I hope to make another Christmas recipe but in any case I wish you a very merry Christmas with peace and love
I appreciate all yours comments : thanks


Source:  Two cups flour







Orange ginger honey cakes

Ingredients

2 cups  (250) all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon orange zest
6 tablespoons unsalted butter browned
3/4 cup (270 g) honey
2 tablespoon orange juice
1/2 (125 ml) cup whole milk 
2 eggs
1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar


Method

Preheat oven (170° c)  325 °F and prepare four mini loaf pans 
(you can use if you prefer one large loaf pan : I use 3 mini loafs and two muffins molds)
(spray with non stick spray or a thin coating of butter and flour.)

In a medium bowl,  whisk together sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and orange zest.

Brown your butter by placing in a small skillet on medium heat. Stir until butter is melted. Continue to stir and heat until butter is foamy and brownish in color.

Pour brown butter into bowl of stand mixer.
Add honey, orange juice, milk, sugar and slightly beaten eggs.

Mix on medium with paddle attachment until smooth,
Slowly spoon in flour mixture on medium speed until a cake batter is formed (scrap sides and bottom of bowl to incorporate all ingredients.

Divide batter amongs the pans.

Place pans on cookie sheet and bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Cover loaves with a sheet of aluminium foil through baking.)
Place pans on cooling rack to completely cool before removing,




Print Recipe















Mini cakes de miel, jengibre y naranja




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pears and strawberry Crumble (Crumble de peras , almendras, coco y frutillas)

If you ask me right now  which season I like best, I would say it is autumn so far.  Sincerely at this time I would be happy to be in Autumn and winter will come. But we are at the end of spring and starting with a very hot summer ,  and   with all the problems we are living here  in our  country now   is very hard. (Many fights here in many sites that is worry me) You can go out one day and you do not know if there will be subway or buses.  Or maybe you have an appointment with the kinesiologist and nobody tells you that he left earlier or that date was suspended, anyway. And when you ask why happens this, all say but you know the times we are living. Im not agree with it. In the middle of this I try to keep doing things like baking, reading and pray (like always reading is my my joy) And  I pray a lot by different reasons. Please pray   for for our country  we need it.  I made my first strawberry jam and I hope to make apricots jam soon. And I  made this crumble a few weeks ago (time

Baked-Egg Tartlets ( Tartas con huevo al horno y ensaladas)

Spring is just starting  here in the Southern hemisphere. But even the mornings are very cold.  But the most beautiful are the roses that have begun to bloom little by little. When we arrived at this house there was nothing, absolutely nothing around, no plants, trees, or flowers. The house was abandoned several years.(all these was about 10 years ago)  And these roses were brought to me( 10 years ago) by a lady who lived close our house  and said : you have to plant these roses, are amazing. We made. They are like a miracle. They have also multiplied over these years. Baked egg tartlets About the recipe are   simple and delicious individual tarts  with a mustard sauce and  egg inside that is baking in the oven. Are really  delicious. I love to serve  with  asparagus and some salads. A big hug to all and have a nice weekend! Source : Victoria magazine  : Baked-egg Tartlets Thyme Tartlet shells 2 1/2 cupsall purpose flour 1 teaspoon ground thyme 1 teaspoon coarse salt 1 teaspoon sugar 1

Chocolate brownie muffins ( brownies /muffins de chocolate)

I had several recipes ready but it took me some time  start the posts, honestly it's hard  think what to talk about, maybe from here? of the current situation, of sorrows and distress, or  about Christmas that is so close and I love Christmas? Although I am not normally depressed, it is hard to keep the spirit when you watch the news, when there are fires, looting and other things, how did this come about? I dont know. Apart from praying, reading and baking (catharsis) I try to think about Christmas. Even in the most difficult times people celebrate Christmas, and I believe in God and the birth of Jesus, so I will try to take care of the Christmas spirit. Well, apart from continuing to make jams (apricots are maturing) and I don't like to bury the fruit so that's what I'm in. This recipe for "Brownie muffins" has the best of everything, it is a muffin with the taste of a brownie. Thank you all for your mails, love and concern, hugs and  kisses to all ! Source