Skip to main content

Black sesame chocolate banana loaf cakes (Cakes de chocolate y sesamo negro)









I know  many  of you are in Winter season and that's fine. 
But let me tell you that here we have a terrible summer with very high temperatures (and coming from years of drought) the other day I read that we are just from the countries most affected by the climate change that has caused by all of  us who should take care of our planet.
We dont have other.
 It is a fact that the Antartic poles that have the largest water reserves have decreased.
That's why I'm worried about the extreme heat.
Today we have 38,3 °C   (100,94°  F) 
Im waiting by my autumn!

Moving to another point I always cook or bake at any time or season because is my core, my life motiv!

So I made these cakes of chocolate and black sesame that had the recipe saved a long time ago.
Absolutely delicious. They can be made in small loafs or in a long one.
BTW black sesame is really healthy you can read here about it.
Here the twins and hubby  liked them a lot.
Well I send hugs and take care.

Gloria




Adapted from : Food and wine





Ingredients

1/2 cup canola oil
plus more for greasing
1/2 cup black sesame seeds
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas  (about 4 bananas)
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar or organic brown sugar
1/4 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds

Method

Preheat oven to 180°c (350°F) and oil 4 loaf pans and arrange them on a large rimmed baking sheet.
 In a spice grinder or blender pulse the sesame seeds into a powder.
In a medium bol whisk the ground sesame seeds with the flour, cocoa power, baking soda and salt.

In a food processor combine the bananas  with the greek yogurt and lemon juice and puree until smooth. 
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until pale. Beat in the banana mixture, almond milk (or milk) and vanilla. Beat in the dry ingredients in 3 additions until uniform in color.
Do not overbeat.

Scrape the batter into the 4 prepared pans and smooth the tops. Sprinkle the turbinado sugar and black sesame seeds on top.

Bakes the cakes for 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of each loaf  comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
Let the cakes cool completely, then turn out onto a platter.



PRINT RECIPE









Cakes de chocolate y sesamo negro



















Ingredientes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pears and strawberry Crumble (Crumble de peras , almendras, coco y frutillas)

If you ask me right now  which season I like best, I would say it is autumn so far.  Sincerely at this time I would be happy to be in Autumn and winter will come. But we are at the end of spring and starting with a very hot summer ,  and   with all the problems we are living here  in our  country now   is very hard. (Many fights here in many sites that is worry me) You can go out one day and you do not know if there will be subway or buses.  Or maybe you have an appointment with the kinesiologist and nobody tells you that he left earlier or that date was suspended, anyway. And when you ask why happens this, all say but you know the times we are living. Im not agree with it. In the middle of this I try to keep doing things like baking, reading and pray (like always reading is my my joy) And  I pray a lot by different reasons. Please pray   for for our country  we need it.  I made my first strawberry jam and I hope to make apricots jam soon. And I  made this crumble a few weeks ago (time

Baked-Egg Tartlets ( Tartas con huevo al horno y ensaladas)

Spring is just starting  here in the Southern hemisphere. But even the mornings are very cold.  But the most beautiful are the roses that have begun to bloom little by little. When we arrived at this house there was nothing, absolutely nothing around, no plants, trees, or flowers. The house was abandoned several years.(all these was about 10 years ago)  And these roses were brought to me( 10 years ago) by a lady who lived close our house  and said : you have to plant these roses, are amazing. We made. They are like a miracle. They have also multiplied over these years. Baked egg tartlets About the recipe are   simple and delicious individual tarts  with a mustard sauce and  egg inside that is baking in the oven. Are really  delicious. I love to serve  with  asparagus and some salads. A big hug to all and have a nice weekend! Source : Victoria magazine  : Baked-egg Tartlets Thyme Tartlet shells 2 1/2 cupsall purpose flour 1 teaspoon ground thyme 1 teaspoon coarse salt 1 teaspoon sugar 1

Chocolate brownie muffins ( brownies /muffins de chocolate)

I had several recipes ready but it took me some time  start the posts, honestly it's hard  think what to talk about, maybe from here? of the current situation, of sorrows and distress, or  about Christmas that is so close and I love Christmas? Although I am not normally depressed, it is hard to keep the spirit when you watch the news, when there are fires, looting and other things, how did this come about? I dont know. Apart from praying, reading and baking (catharsis) I try to think about Christmas. Even in the most difficult times people celebrate Christmas, and I believe in God and the birth of Jesus, so I will try to take care of the Christmas spirit. Well, apart from continuing to make jams (apricots are maturing) and I don't like to bury the fruit so that's what I'm in. This recipe for "Brownie muffins" has the best of everything, it is a muffin with the taste of a brownie. Thank you all for your mails, love and concern, hugs and  kisses to all ! Source