Skip to main content

Baked-Egg Tartlets ( Tartas con huevo al horno y ensaladas)










Spring is just starting  here in the Southern hemisphere.
But even the mornings are very cold. 
But the most beautiful are the roses that have begun to bloom little by little. When we arrived at this house there was nothing, absolutely nothing around, no plants, trees, or flowers.

The house was abandoned several years.(all these was about 10 years ago)
 And these roses were brought to me( 10 years ago) by a lady who lived close our house  and said :
you have to plant these roses, are amazing.
We made.
They are like a miracle. They have also multiplied over these years.

Baked egg tartlets

About the recipe are   simple and delicious individual tarts  with a mustard sauce and  egg inside that is baking in the oven. Are really  delicious.
I love to serve  with  asparagus and some salads.


A big hug to all and have a nice weekend!

Source :Victoria magazine








 :


Baked-egg Tartlets

Thyme Tartlet shells

2 1/2 cupsall purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground thyme1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup unsalted butter chilled and diced
1/3 cup ice water

In the work bowl of a food processor, combine flour, thyme, salt and sugar, pulse to mix. Add butter and mix until mixture is crumbly. With food processor running slowly add water in a slow steady tream. Continue to process until mixture forms a ball.
Remove dough form into a disk and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate about 1 1/2 hour.
Preheat oven to 180° C (350°F) On alightly floured surface roll dough .
Using a 6 inch round cutter cut 6 rounds from dough.
Press dough into bottoms and up sides of 6 tartlets pans. Line with parchment paper and fill with weights.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and set aside.

Baked egg tartlets (6 tartlets)

1 tablespoon olive oil 1 shallot diced
1/2 cup grated cheese like parmesan
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup heavy cream
6 large eggs

Preheat oven to 200°c ( 420 °F)
In a medium sauce pan  heat olive oil over medium heat.
Add shallot and cook stirring  occasionally until is tender. Add mustard, salt cheese and cream .
Continue  to cook until mixture is thick about 8 minutes.
Spoon mixture into each tartlet shell. Carefully pour 1 egg atop each tartlet  and bake about 10 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Serve inmeditaely with asparagus and salads.


print recipe
The little tarts ready for oven














En español
Tartas con huevo al horno y ensaladas











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asparagus and brie quiche (Quiche de esparragos y queso Brie)

 Some times  people tell me     I make  many sweet recipes  but  I love many savory  things, I love quiches, pizzas, chicken, stews and soups!  I love salads too! Only sometimes happens I can't  take pictures  to all I make (especially the last time) because  you need time to take good pictures. You know this year has been especially difficult for me. Still sometimes is difficult use my right arm but I feel better. Well, I made this quiche with Brie cheese a long time ago and I found the photos.  And the crust is so good  with toasted sesame seeds. Quiches can be eaten year-round and can be made vegetarian or with some protein (such as chicken or fish) And some pictures of here! Source: Half baked harvest recipes Ingredients 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 8 tablespoon cold grated butter 3 tablespoons sesame  seeds Filling 6 large eggs  1 cup whole milk 1/2 cup plain  green yogurt 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves 2 tablespoons  chopped fresh basil 1 pinch crushed red

Pears and strawberry Crumble (Crumble de peras , almendras, coco y frutillas)

If you ask me right now  which season I like best, I would say it is autumn so far.  Sincerely at this time I would be happy to be in Autumn and winter will come. But we are at the end of spring and starting with a very hot summer ,  and   with all the problems we are living here  in our  country now   is very hard. (Many fights here in many sites that is worry me) You can go out one day and you do not know if there will be subway or buses.  Or maybe you have an appointment with the kinesiologist and nobody tells you that he left earlier or that date was suspended, anyway. And when you ask why happens this, all say but you know the times we are living. Im not agree with it. In the middle of this I try to keep doing things like baking, reading and pray (like always reading is my my joy) And  I pray a lot by different reasons. Please pray   for for our country  we need it.  I made my first strawberry jam and I hope to make apricots jam soon. And I  made this crumble a few weeks ago (time