Skip to main content

Lemon and ginger tarts (tartas de limon y jengibre)


I love citrus flavors and I have a lot of recipes of them.
Lemon is my favorite,
And if you love the lemon like me (more than chocolate) I think love these cakes I made a while ago. (Although I have outstanding recipes)

Adapted from  : Cooksploits.com








Ingredients

( makes 6 x 8 cm diameter tarts)

260 grams plain flour 
60 grams ising sugar 
150 cold unsalted butter chopped
1 egg lightly beaten

Filling

300 ml pouring cream
200 ml milk
2 lemon zested 
1 teaspoon ginger
5 eggs yolks
100 grams caster sugar
1  1/2 tablespoon cornflour

Mathod

Preheat oven to 180° c.
Grease 6 x 8 cm tart tins

Place flour, icing sugar and butter in food procesoor and pulse until it comes together.
alternatively you can use your fingertips to rub butter into the flour and icing sugar in a large bowl until  it resembles breadcrumbs and then add egg and mix to bring together.

Wrap pastry in clingwrap and refrigerate 20 minutes.

Divide the dough into 6 portions and roll out on a lightly floured surface till 3 mm thick.
Line each tin and refrigerate20 minutes.

Prick the pastry and line with baking paper.
Fill with dried beans and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove beans and baking paper and  bake by 8 minutes until lightly golden.
Cool to room temperature.

Filling

Meanwhile make filling.

Mix cream,milk,lemon zest and ginger in a saucepan. Heat over
medium high heat to bring almost to the boil. Set aside and allow to infue for 5 minutes.
Whisk the egg yolks,caster sugar and cornflour until pale and thick,
Pour the milk mixture slowly into the eggs while whisking continuosly. Strain into a clean saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until it thickens and begin to simmer.

Remove from heat and allow to ccol slightly for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into the tart cases and smooth surface.
Refrigerate  for 1 hour before serving.




print recipe here















en español

Tartas de limon












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked-Egg Tartlets ( Tartas con huevo al horno y ensaladas)

Spring is just starting  here in the Southern hemisphere. But even the mornings are very cold.  But the most beautiful are the roses that have begun to bloom little by little. When we arrived at this house there was nothing, absolutely nothing around, no plants, trees, or flowers. The house was abandoned several years.(all these was about 10 years ago)  And these roses were brought to me( 10 years ago) by a lady who lived close our house  and said : you have to plant these roses, are amazing. We made. They are like a miracle. They have also multiplied over these years. Baked egg tartlets About the recipe are   simple and delicious individual tarts  with a mustard sauce and  egg inside that is baking in the oven. Are really  delicious. I love to serve  with  asparagus and some salads. A big hug to all and have a nice weekend! Source : Victoria magazine  : Baked-egg Tartlets Thyme Tartlet shells 2 1/2 cupsall purpose flour 1 teaspoon ground thyme 1 teaspoon coarse salt 1 teaspoon sugar 1

Asparagus and brie quiche (Quiche de esparragos y queso Brie)

 Some times  people tell me     I make  many sweet recipes  but  I love many savory  things, I love quiches, pizzas, chicken, stews and soups!  I love salads too! Only sometimes happens I can't  take pictures  to all I make (especially the last time) because  you need time to take good pictures. You know this year has been especially difficult for me. Still sometimes is difficult use my right arm but I feel better. Well, I made this quiche with Brie cheese a long time ago and I found the photos.  And the crust is so good  with toasted sesame seeds. Quiches can be eaten year-round and can be made vegetarian or with some protein (such as chicken or fish) And some pictures of here! Source: Half baked harvest recipes Ingredients 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 8 tablespoon cold grated butter 3 tablespoons sesame  seeds Filling 6 large eggs  1 cup whole milk 1/2 cup plain  green yogurt 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves 2 tablespoons  chopped fresh basil 1 pinch crushed red

Pears and strawberry Crumble (Crumble de peras , almendras, coco y frutillas)

If you ask me right now  which season I like best, I would say it is autumn so far.  Sincerely at this time I would be happy to be in Autumn and winter will come. But we are at the end of spring and starting with a very hot summer ,  and   with all the problems we are living here  in our  country now   is very hard. (Many fights here in many sites that is worry me) You can go out one day and you do not know if there will be subway or buses.  Or maybe you have an appointment with the kinesiologist and nobody tells you that he left earlier or that date was suspended, anyway. And when you ask why happens this, all say but you know the times we are living. Im not agree with it. In the middle of this I try to keep doing things like baking, reading and pray (like always reading is my my joy) And  I pray a lot by different reasons. Please pray   for for our country  we need it.  I made my first strawberry jam and I hope to make apricots jam soon. And I  made this crumble a few weeks ago (time